Who We Are
Soroptimist International of Manhattan Beach is a community service organization for women working in (or retired from) business, government, education and the professions. Our members live and work throughout the South Bay area.
Our club was chartered in 1953 and is part of the largest classified service organization for executive and professional women in the world, with 95,000 members in 129 countries. Soroptimist is derived from the Latin “soro” (sister) and “optima” (best), meaning the Best for Women.
Check out our 2015-2016 Annual Report!
A Few of the Services We Provide to the Community:
- Partnerships with other nonprofits to deliver services to the community
- College scholarships for Mira Costa seniors
- Sponsor Mira Costa “S” Club, a girls’ service club
- Breast Cancer Comfort Bags given to women undergoing chemotherapy
- Sponsor Crown Jewel Club to help build esteem of young girls
- Internationally, Soroptimists support programs to advance the status of women in all corners of the world
If you are interested in joining SIMB, please call 424-225-2050 or email us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Attend one of the SIMB Monthly meetings here.